- GarudaMiles membership is issued to individuals, and each member holds a single GarudaMiles account.
- GarudaMiles membership is open to Indonesian citizens and/or foreign nationalities aged 2 (two) and above, domiciled in Indonesia, or outside Indonesia where the GarudaMiles program is applicable, according to the conditions of enrollment.
- Garuda Indonesia reserves the sole right to interpret and apply the policies and procedures outlined in this Membership Guide. GarudaMiles members are bound by Garuda Indonesia regulations as set forth in this Membership Guide.
- Facilities received by GarudaMiles members are non-tradable and non-transferable.
- Garuda Indonesia reserves the right to use personal information and data provided by GarudaMiles members to Garuda Indonesia for its own operational and marketing purposes, as well as in the interest of cooperation with Garuda Indonesia partners.
- The GarudaMiles Membership Card may only be used by the person whose name appears on the card, for purposes related to his/her GarudaMiles membership. The usage of this card is subject to GarudaMiles terms and conditions, which may change from time to time. This GarudaMiles membership card is the property of Garuda Indonesia.
- Each person is entitled to a single GarudaMiles membership number only. In the event that more than one GarudaMiles membership number is allocated to same individual, only one number will be accepted as valid. The mileage recorded in all the other cards will be transferred to the account of the valid card.
- All GarudaMiles privileges and benefits, including extra baggage allowance, access to airport lounge and executive check-in counters, priority stand-by, priority boarding, and other benefits determined by Garuda Indonesia are valid only for Garuda Indonesia flights, and may be obtained by presenting a valid GarudaMiles Membership Card and Garuda Indonesia ticket to the Garuda Indonesia staff in charge prior to using the facilities.
- GarudaMiles privileges and benefits are not applicable to Citilink flights, charter flights, governmentorganized Hajj flights, code share flights where Garuda Indonesia is not the operating party, or other airlines that have no agreement with Garuda Indonesia.
- All provisions contained in this Membership Guide are subject to and are to be interpreted in accordance with prevailing laws of Indonesia.
- In the event of any discrepancy between the GarudaMiles provisions in the Indonesian and English versions, the Indonesian language text shall prevail.
- In the event of any discrepancy between the GarudaMiles provisions in the English and any other foreign language versions, the English language text shall prevail.
- In the event that any provision in this Membership Guide is found to be in conflict with the prevailing laws, this will not affect the validity of the other provisions in this Membership Guide that are not in conflict with prevailing laws.
- Garuda Indonesia Center reserves the right to perform an audit on GarudaMiles member data at any time without consent of the member. In the event of data discrepancy, the process for Award Ticket and Upgrade Award will be suspended pending a resolution by Garuda Indonesia.
- Garuda Indonesia has the authority to act in accordance with prevailing laws against any violation of GarudaMiles membership rules and regulations.
- Garuda Indonesia is not responsible for any risk arising from the misuse of GarudaMiles membership including but not limited to the misuse of GarudaMiles Membership Card, GarudaMiles member privileges and benefits, and / or GarudaMiles member mileage data.
- Every decision made by Garuda Indonesia related to GarudaMiles membership is final and nondisputable.
- Marketing programs or any other programs conducted by Garuda Indonesia are applicable only to GarudaMiles members as specified in the respective programs.
- Garuda Indonesia is not responsible for any products or services that are provided or offered by Garuda Indonesia partners.
- Facilities and privileges of GarudaMiles membership is also given to the members of GarudaMiles when using a Garuda Indonesia Airline Partner, according to the terms and conditions made by Garuda Indonesia with the airlines partner.
- GarudaMiles Mileage and / or Award Miles have no cash value and cannot be cashed.
- Any disputes arise between Garuda Indonesia and GarudaMiles member will be resolved through deliberation to achieve consensus. If there is no consensus then the resolution will be conveyed to the District Court of Central Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Indemnity provided by the Garuda Indonesia over any dispute, which was won by GarudaMiles members, will be given in the form of a certain number of GarudaMiles miles.
GarudaMiles Membership Information
- GarudaMiles membership enrollment can be done through GarudaMiles website at GarudaMiles.com or fill out an application form or by register in other means as determined by Garuda Indonesia from time to time. Applicants will get a GarudaMiles membership number which can be directly used to accrue miles and the facility of GarudaMiles Blue if they meet the GarudaMiles membership requirements.
- GarudaMiles member miles will be credited after the first eligible flight or the first transaction with a GarudaMiles partner is recorded in the GarudaMiles membership data after the membership application has been processed by the GarudaMiles Center.
- Welcome Bonus Miles will be awarded after the first eligible flight is recorded in the GarudaMiles membership data.
- The GarudaMiles Membership Card will be printed after the first activity is recorded in the GarudaMiles membership data.
- The Member's name as written at the time of registration will appear on the GarudaMiles Membership Card and in the GarudaMiles database. The name should be identical to the name on the Member's ID (KTP, Passport or other ID).
- Garuda Indonesia reserves the right to refuse without notification a membership application that is either incomplete or does not comply with the established requirements.
Membership Tiers & Evaluation
- Each GarudaMiles member will be given a User ID and Password to access their membership information on the GarudaMiles website at GarudaMiles.com. GarudaMiles members will receive a Mileage Statement periodically through the media established by Garuda Indonesia. Garuda Indonesia reserves the right not to publish the GarudaMiles Mileage Statement a for any GarudaMiles Member who has not conducted any eligible activities for a significant period of time.
- In addition to online via the GarudaMiles website, GarudaMiles Members may also obtain membership information through the Garuda Indonesia Call Center, your nearest Garuda Indonesia Sales Office, or the GarudaMiles Center.
- GarudaMiles member tier status depends on the Tier Miles accrued or number of eligible one-way flights (sectors) taken within the previous GarudaMiles activity period.
- Garuda Indonesia reserves the right to upgrade, maintain or downgrade a GarudaMiles member tier status at its sole discretion in accordance with prevailing rules and regulations. Only Tier Miles or flight frequencies accumulated in each respective activity period are considered in evaluating a membership tier status, and are not carried forward to the next activity period.
- Blue membership status may be upgraded to Silver status at any time during an activity period upon the accumulation of 10,000 (ten thousand) tier miles or 10 (ten) eligible one-way flights.
- Silver membership status may be upgraded to Gold status at any time during an activity period upon the accumulation 30,000 (thirty thousand) tier miles or 30 (thirty) eligible one-way flights.
- Gold membership status may be upgraded to Platinum status at any time during an activity period upon the accumulation of 65,000 (sixty-five thousand) tier miles or 65 (sixty-five) eligible one-way flights.
- Upgraded status will be valid throughout the membership period between 12 and 23 months, being the remaining period of the current GarudaMiles membership year and the next membership year.
- The evaluation for remaining current membership status or downgrading to a lower status is carried out at the end of each membership period, and involves:
a. Renewal of Blue status
b. Renewal of Silver status, or downgrading to Blue status
c. Renewal of Gold status, or downgrading to Silver status
d. Renewal of Platinum status, or downgrading to Gold status
- Criteria for evaluation as in Art. 4.8:
GarudaMiles Blue Member Renewal : GarudaMiles Blue member who records at least 1 (one) transaction within a period of 36 months will re-qualify as a Blue member.
GarudaMiles Membership Termination
GarudaMiles Silver Member Renewal : A GarudaMiles Silver member who has accumulated at least 10,000 (ten thousand) Tier Miles or 10 (ten) eligible one-way flights within the activity period will re-qualify as a Silver member. A GarudaMiles Silver member who does not achieve 10,000 (ten thousand) Tier Miles or 10 (ten) eligible one-way flights within the activity period will be downgraded to a Blue status.
GarudaMiles Gold Member Renewal : GarudaMiles Gold member who has accumulated at least 25,000 (twenty-five thousand) Tier Miles or 25 (twenty five) eligible one-way flights within the activity period will re-qualify as a Gold member. A GarudaMiles Gold member who does not achieve 25,000 (twenty-five thousand) Tier Miles or 25 (twenty-five) eligible one-way flights within the activity period will be downgraded to Silver status.
GarudaMiles Platinum Member Renewal : A GarudaMiles Platinum member who has accumulated at least 55,000 (fifty-five thousand) Tier Miles or 55 (fifty-five) eligible one-way flights within the activity period will re-qualify as a Platinum member. A GarudaMiles Platinum member who does not achieve 55,000 (fifty-five thousand) Tier Miles or 55 (fifty-five) eligible one-way flights within the activity period will be downgraded to Gold status.
- GarudaMiles membership may be terminated at any time and without notification under the following conditions:
a. Incorrect data at registration
b. Misuse of mileage accrual and redemption
c. Acting in violation of GarudaMiles rules and other regulations related to a GarudaMiles membership
d. Involvement in acts that damage the reputation of Garuda Indonesia or the public trust towards Garuda Indonesia
e. Misuse of the Temporary GarudaMiles Number or permanent GarudaMiles Membership Card
f. Relocation of a GarudaMiles member to a correspondence address in a country/area where the GarudaMiles program is not applicable
g. Resignation of member in writing
h. Inactivity with Garuda Indonesia or GarudaMiles partner for a period of 36 consecutive months
i. New GarudaMiles members who are inactive for a period of 18 consecutive months following registration approval.
- Any unused Award Miles in the account of a GarudaMiles member whose membership is terminated in accordance with these terms and conditions will be nullified and will not be eligible for redemption.
- The mileage account, any award that has been granted, claim application, and application for other GarudaMiles programs by a GarudaMiles member whose membership is terminated as in Art. 5.2 shall be cancelled.
Earning Miles from Flight Activities
Earning Miles from Non-Flight Activities
- In order to earn and accumulate miles, a person should be registered as a GarudaMiles member.
- Miles may only be credited once for each activity, and earned under one frequent flyer program only.
- Mileage accrual is based on a mechanism established by Garuda Indonesia.
- Miles are accumulated based on eligible flights made and non-flight activities with GarudaMiles partners.
- Miles are earned based on booking class or fare type as indicated on the ticket. Miles are not earned under certain conditions including but not limited to, upgrades to a higher booking class due to flight operational considerations and/or in the event of a discrepancy between the booking class as it appears on the ticket and on the boarding pass.
- Miles may only be earned on eligible flights, that is, Garuda Indonesia flights on tickets with booking class C, D, I, Y, B, M, K, N, Q, T, or other classes as will be determined later by Garuda Indonesia, and do not include tickets with booking class V, H, S, G, E, U, X, O, Z, L, sponsorship tickets, employee tickets, discount tickets by airlines and travel agents, free tickets, reward tickets, discount flights, Citilink flights, charter flights, Hajj flights except ONH Plus flights, code share flights where Garuda Indonesia is not the operating party, and certain other booking classes and/or flight as will be determined later by Garuda Indonesia.
- Miles from an eligible Garuda Indonesia flight or Garuda Indonesia airline partner flight will be recorded on the GarudaMiles membership data if the flight number and name recorded in the GarudaMiles membership data are in accordance with the GarudaMiles membership data rules.
- Miles will not be accrued if the purchased ticket or service is not used for an eligible flight or has expired.
- In certain cases where GarudaMiles members are transferred by Garuda Indonesia to other airlines which have available seats, miles will still be granted, except for unforeseeable cancellation due to situations that are beyond the control of Garuda Indonesia, including but not limited to airport closure for any reason whatsoever, war, government restriction, mass riots, strikes, epidemics, fires, floods, storms, which render flight operations impossible.
- In the event of a discrepancy between the number of actual miles earned and the number of miles credited to the GarudaMiles member's account, Garuda Indonesia retains the right to determine the correct number of miles to be credited.
- Miles earned by a GarudaMiles member cannot be added or transferred to the account of another GarudaMiles member.
- Miles earned through falsification, submission of incorrect data, or in violation of GarudaMiles terms and conditions will be suspended. In such cases Garuda Indonesia has the authority to terminate the GarudaMiles membership and take any necessary legal action.
- Since January 1, 2011, flight and non-flight miles earned will be nullified after 36 months if during the period of validity the miles are not exchanged for an Award Ticket, Upgrade Award or other Award. All miles earned from the activities prior to January 1, 2011 will be considered as an activity on January 1, 2011.
- Mileage validity period can be extended for 12 months from the date of the validity period extension. The validity period may only be extended once, and must be done before the miles are nullified. All terms and conditions set forth by Garuda Indonesia shall apply.
- Redeposit Award Miles which have expired either partly or wholly will be nullified. The validity period can be extended in accordance with the terms defined later by Garuda Indonesia
Missing Mileage Claims
- Miles earned from the use of products and services of any GarudaMiles partner are subject to the agreement between Garuda Indonesia and the respective GarudaMiles partner.
- Miles obtained from GarudaMiles partner transactions will be recorded in the GarudaMiles membership data within a minimum of 1 (one) week. If there are any miles that are not listed, GarudaMiles members can contact or make a claim directly to the GarudaMiles partner where the transactions were made or claim through the GarudaMiles Center, according to the agreement between Garuda Indonesia and the respective GarudaMiles partner.
Tier Miles Rollover
- Claims for missing miles from a flight activity must be submitted within 6 (six) months of the day of flight departure, accompanied by the necessary claim documents such as the completed Missing Mileage Form, original Boarding Pass and Passenger Ticket Coupon or Itinerary Receipt (for e-Ticket).
- Miles earned from a missing mileage claim are based on class of travel and fare as indicated on the ticket used by the GarudaMiles member.
- Missing mileage claims will be processed within a minimum of 1 (one) week from the time the completed claim documents are received by Garuda Indonesia.
Mileage Redemption for Flight Activity
- Excess Tier Miles accured in the present membership year can only be credited once to the following membership year.
- The Tier Miles rollover will function as a backup only if the total accumulated Tier Miles at the end of the next membership year (and from that membership year only) does not qualify for a GarudaMiles Platinum tier renewal.
Tier Miles needed to maintain GarudaMiles Platinum tier is 55.000
- Missing Tier Miles from the previous membership year that is claimed in the present membership year, is not valid for a rollover to the next membership year.
- In the case of merging several GarudaMiles membership accounts of one GarudaMiles Member, the Tier Miles from all accounts will be accumulated and is valid for a rollover to the folowing membership year.
- In the termination of Citibank Co-brand and GarudaMiles EC+ membership card, the Tier Miles accumulated through both cards will be transferred to the regular GarudaMiles membership tier, and is valid for a rollover to the nex membership year.
Mileage Redemption for Non-Flight Activity
- Mileage Redemption into Ticket Award will be valid for 6 (six) months from the date of Award Ticket issue and cannot be extended. After the validity period is over and Award Ticket is not used, the mileage cannot be credited again.
- Mileage Redemption into Upgrade Award will follow the initial ticket purchased validity period. After the validity period is over and Upgrade Award is not used, the mileage cannot be credited again.
- Award Tickets or Upgrade Awards may only be issued by the respective Garuda Indonesia Sales Office where the Award Order Form is submitted. Awards may be redeemed by the GarudaMiles member in person, or by another person with a power of attorney from the GarudaMiles member. Submission of application for Award Ticket or Upgrade Award in Indonesia delegated to another person must be accompanied by a power of attorney (original) with duty stamp affixed. The mechanism for award redemption follows the prevailing GarudaMiles regulations.
- An Award Ticket or Upgrade Award may only be issued for a confirmed schedule booking, and is not applicable for wait list bookings or open date tickets. Go show passengers are not permitted to apply for Award Tickets or Upgrade Awards.
- The number of miles needed for an Award Ticket or Upgrade Award is based on the Mileage Redemption Table. All the mileage values at Mileage Redemption Table refer to a direct flight route to the intended destination and are not applicable for stopover passengers.
- In the event that a certain flight route as desired by the GarudaMiles member is not available, the miles required for an Award Ticket or Upgrade Award will be calculated by adding up each flight sector flown.
- No miles will be credited for Award Ticket flights. For Upgrade Awards, the number of miles credited will be based on the economy class flights bought by the GarudaMiles member.
- Garuda Indonesia does not provide a delivery service for Award Tickets and Upgrade Awards.
- Award miles that have been redeemed for Award Tickets or Upgrade Awards may be re-deposited in the GarudaMiles member's account if the Award Ticket or the original economy class paid ticket is still valid and completely unused. Once travel has commenced on at least one sector of the travel itinerary, the mileage on the remaining un-flown sector(s) cannot be re-deposited.
- For each cancellation of flight Award Ticket and Award Upgrade, mileage will be subject to a deduction of 20% (twenty percent) of the total mileage as long as the ticket is still valid, while for any changes in Award Ticket and Award Upgrade flight schedules mileage will be subject to a deduction of 10% (ten percent) of the total mileage as long as the ticket is still valid
- In addition to the stipulation in Art. 9.10 above, any cancellation of an Award Ticket or Upgrade Award flight schedule will also incur a fee, payable by GarudaMiles member, according to the prevailing Administration Refund Fee rules.
- When Award miles are redeemed for Award Tickets or Upgrade Awards, GarudaMiles members are responsible for the payment of local airport taxes, additional government tax, insurance premium, fuel surcharge, or any other additional charges as applicable.
- To convert Award miles into an Upgrade Award, the GarudaMiles member must first purchase an Economy class ticket. The number of Award miles needed for the intended flight route is based on the original Economy class air fare with reference to the Mileage Redemption Table.
- The number of Award miles needed for an Upgrade Award from Class V, H, S and G bookings is the same as the miles needed for an Economy Class Award Ticket.
- Award Tickets are not available for charter flights, Hajj flights other than ONH Plus flights, Citilink flights, and code share flights where Garuda Indonesia is not the operating party.
- Upgrade Awards are not available for booking classes E, U, X, O, Z, L, sponsorship tickets, employee tickets, discount tickets from airline or travel agents, free tickets, reward tickets, discount flights, charter flights, Hajj flights other than ONH Plus flights, Citilink flights, and code share flights where Garuda Indonesia is not the operating party.
- GarudaMiles members may exchange accumulated Award miles for an Award Ticket or Upgrade Award in the name of another person as the intended user of the Award Ticket or Upgrade Award.
- In the event that an Award Ticket or Upgrade Award is cancelled for operational reasons (late flight, delayed flight, cancelled flight, or seat unavailability), the following provisions apply:Award miles needed for Award Tickets and Upgrade Awards for children and infants are the same as for adult passengers.
- Award Tickets and/or Upgrade Awards may not be used by a person whose name does not appear on the respective Award Ticket and/or Upgrade Award.
- Garuda Indonesia reserves the right to determine whether miles may be redeemed on any Garuda Indonesia route.
- Award miles will be re-deposited to the GarudaMiles member account if the travel itinerary is aborted/cancelled.
- Award miles will not be re-deposited if the passenger is transferred to another flight with all costs borne by Garuda Indonesia.
- For GarudaMiles members using Upgrade Awards, Award miles will be re-deposited and the cancellation compensation will
follow the terms and conditions applicable to the original Economy class ticket purchased.
- Other provisions will refer to the provisions or passenger with paid ticket.
Executive Card Plus (EC Plus)
- GarudaMiles members can redeem miles with non-flight activities including but not limited to purchase of on-board items, hotel services, event ticket purchases, lounges services, and excess baggage tickets, as determined by Garuda Indonesia.
- Miles may be redeemed by the GarudaMiles member or by any person having power of attorney for the respective member. Such person requesting mileage redemption for non-flight activities within Indonesia must present a stamped letter of authorization (original). Award Miles redemption will follow the prevailing regulations.
- Miles redeemed for non-flight activity depends on the availability of products or services and any terms and conditions established by Garuda Indonesia and/or its partners.
- GarudaMiles members will not earn any miles from mileage redemption transactions for non-flight activities.
- EC Plus membership is open for Indonesian citizens and foreigners above 17 years old, resident in Indonesia and willing to pay the registration fee for EC Plus membership.
- Payment of the membership registration fee can be made in cash or by bank transfer to Garuda Indonesia bank account, a/c 103.0087290801, at Bank Mandiri Jakarta Sabang branch.
- EC Plus applicants must complete the EC Plus application form accompanied by a copy of ID (KTP, Passport, or other ID) and the bank transfer slip of the registration fee, or make a cash payment at your nearest Garuda Indonesia Sales Office.
- EC Plus membership is valid for a 12 (twelve)-month period commencing on the month of application approval or membership renewal.
- Insurance coverage provided to EC Plus members when using Garuda Indonesia services is subject to the terms and conditions set out in the insurance policy, and covers:Insurance claims may be submitted to the respective insurance provider in accordance with the requirements set forth in the insurance policy, and accompanied by a recommendation letter from Garuda Indonesia.
- In the event that the EC Plus membership period has expired and is not extended, the EC Plus membership along with any accumulated miles will be converted to a regular GarudaMiles membership, with the membership tier being determined according to activity in the last EC Plus membership year. The provisions for EC Plus membership that has been converted to a regular GarudaMiles membership will follow those of the GarudaMiles.
- In the event that an EC Plus member resigns before the expiration of the membership period, any fees paid are not refundable. In such a case, any unused miles are no longer valid or redeemable.
- EC Plus membership will be terminated or transferred to GarudaMiles regular membership when the member's correspondence address changes to an address outside Indonesia, with a membership tier according to activity in the last EC Plus membership year:
- Travel inconvenience insurance :
a. Missed connection
b. Delayed flight and denied boarding
c. Luggage loss
d. Luggage delay
- Travel Accident Insurance :
a. Loss of life Accident Indemnity
b. Specific Loss Accident Indemnity
Garuda Indonesia Citi Card (GIC Card)
- GarudaMiles Junior membership is open to cIndonesian citizens and foreign nationals aged 2 - 11 years, resident in Indonesia or overseas where the GarudaMiles program is applicable.
- Applicants for GarudaMiles Junior membership shall complete a GarudaMiles application form signed by the respective parent or legal guardian, accompanied by a copy of the ID of the parent or legal guardian, who will be responsible for the GarudaMiles Junior membership activities. The name of the parent or legal guardian will be registered in the GarudaMiles Junior membership database.
- The name of the parent or legal guardian may only be changed by submitting a written notification to the GarudaMiles Center, and the substitute name must be registered in the GarudaMiles junior membership database.
- GarudaMiles Junior membership commences from the time the registration data is recorded in the GarudaMiles database, and continues until the member reaches the age of 12.
- The GarudaMiles Junior program does not entail evaluation for a membership tier.
- GarudaMiles Junior membership will be converted into GarudaMiles regular membership when the member reaches the age of 12.
- Membership tier when converting GarudaMiles Junior membership to regular GarudaMiles membership as in Art. 11.6 will depend on the respective member's activity during the last 1 (one) year of GarudaMiles Junior membership. Thereafter, the provisions for GarudaMiles membership prevail.
- Registration and mileage redemption transactions for members below the age of 12 require the consent of a parent or legal guardian registered in the GarudaMiles membership database.
- Garuda Indonesia is under no obligation to prove the validity of parental or guardianship status of the person that approves or verifies the respective signature of the parent or legal guardian.
- Mileage accrual from flight activities of GarudaMiles Junior member is calculated at 75% (seventy-five percent) of the mileage accrual of a GarudaMiles Blue member. Mileage accrual from non-flight activities will be subject to the same terms and condition as for the regular GarudaMiles program.
- The calculation for award miles redemption into Award Ticket or Upgrade Award for GarudaMiles Junior membership is the same as for GarudaMiles regular membership.
GarudaMiles Member Obligations & Responsibility
- GIC Card is a combination of two memberships: GarudaMiles membership and Citibank credit card membership. Facilities and privileges of GarudaMiles membership refer to the GarudaMiles provisions agreed upon by Garuda Indonesia and Citibank or determined in terms and conditions that are not regulated in the agreement between Garuda Indonesia and Citibank. Terms and conditions related to the Citibank credit card such as credit limit, interest, billing and payment, cancellation, insurance, and other benefits refer to the information/rules determined by Citibank.
- Insurance coverage provided to GIC Card members paying for Garuda Indonesia tickets using Garuda Indonesia Citibank Card include:
- Free travel insurance, comprising:
a. Delayed flight
b. Baggage delay
c. Baggage loss
d. Life and physical disability
- Free purchase protection
- Overseas Medical Insurance
GarudaMiles Program Changes & Termination
- GarudaMiles members guarantee the truth of the information provided, including but not limited to the name in accordance with the provisions regarding personal identity (ID/Passport/Driving license/birth certificate), and responsible for data errors, data incompletion, or data that is no longer valid.
- In the event of any change to personal data, the GarudaMiles member shall renew his/her personal data by contacting the Garuda Indonesia Call Center or your nearest Garuda Indonesia Sales Office or GarudaMiles Center, or through the GarudaMiles website. Garuda Indonesia accepts no responsibility for any loss or delay in delivery of GarudaMiles materials due to the wrong address or unreported changes of address and does not guarantee receipt of information via email if the email address provided by the GarudaMiles member is not valid.
- In the case of a change of name of GarudaMiles member, a written notification should be submitted to the GarudaMiles Center, accompanied with the necessary legal documents.
- To obtain the optimal benefits of GarudaMiles membership, GarudaMiles members are encouraged to obtain updated information on the rules and regulations set forth in the GarudaMiles communications media, Including the GarudaMiles website at GarudaMiles.com Each member of the GarudaMiles is considered to know, understand and agree to the most recent GarudaMiles rules and regulations.
- Each GarudaMiles member will be provided with a username and password to access the GarudaMiles website. GarudaMiles members are obliged to change the default password when they first login to the GarudaMiles website. The confidentiality of GarudaMiles membership username and password will be fully the responsibility of the GarudaMiles member.
- In their flight activities, GarudaMiles members are required to:In all non-flight activities with GarudaMiles partners, GarudaMiles members are required to present a valid GarudaMiles membership card when making their transaction to ensure that award miles from the use of products and services of GarudaMiles Partners are credit to their account.
- GarudaMiles members are responsible for claims from third parties, including the tax charges arising from GarudaMiles membership activities.
a. Provide the GarudaMiles membership number and name as stated on the GarudaMiles Card when making a flight reservation.
b. Use the same name on the flight reservation as the name on the GarudaMiles membership database.
c. Present a valid GarudaMiles membership card at check-in.
Garuda Indonesia cannot guarantee the proper crediting of miles to the GarudaMiles member if the GarudaMiles member fails to comply with the above requirements.
GarudaMiles Terms & Conditions for Lounge Redemption
- Garuda Indonesia reserves the right to change the terms and conditions and the benefits of GarudaMiles membership at any time with or without prior notice, including but not limited to:Garuda Indonesia reserves the right to change or terminate its cooperation with GarudaMiles partners. In the case of partner program termination, the Award Miles accrued up until the time of termination shall remain valid.
- Any changes to the GarudaMiles program may be found in Garuda Indonesia communication media such as GarudaMiles Bulletin and GarudaMiles website.
- All the GarudaMiles applicable provisions including amendments are as stated in the latest listed GarudaMiles Membership Handbook or GarudaMiles website or any other recent notification issued by Garuda Indonesia. If there are differences in the information/ provisions of the GarudaMiles Membership Guide, GarudaMiles website, or other recent notification, then the valid information/regulations will be announced by Garuda Indonesia in a timely manner.
- The terms and conditions in this GarudaMiles Membership Guide automatically replace any previous terms and conditions relating to GarudaMiles membership, and are applicable to all GarudaMiles members.
- Garuda Indonesia reserves the right to terminate the GarudaMiles program at any time with or without notification.
- Garuda Indonesia cannot be held liable for any loss arising from the termination or changes in the GarudaMiles program. Applicable law in certain countries can set restrictions associated with the provision of GarudaMiles program implementation. Under local laws and regulations, Garuda Indonesia may not be able to apply part or all of the GarudaMiles program in certain countries or to certain individuals.
- Garuda Indonesia accepts no responsibility for the result of compliance with the provisions of any local laws resulting in Garuda Indonesia prohibiting a GarudaMiles member from participating in the GarudaMiles program and cancelling the membership level and award miles already accrued by the GarudaMiles member.
i. Rules regarding mileage accrual and redemption
ii. Award-related facilities and their availability
iii. Membership tiers and membership requirements
iv. Membership termination rules.
- GarudaMiles Members eligible for Lounge Redemption Vouchers are GarudaMiles Silver, GarudaMiles Gold, GarudaMiles EC+, and GarudaMiles Platinum GarudaMiles
- GarudaMiles Members redeeming their vouchers online must show the voucher, or displaying the e-receipt of the voucher for confirmation
- If GarudaMiles Members do not have a Lounge Redemption voucher upon arrival at the designated lounge, the lounge officer must conduct the GarudaMiles Mileage deduction process for the Lounge Redemption voucher
- The voucher is valid only for selected lounges in partnership with GarudaMiles
- The voucher is valid only for GarudaMiles Member who has Garuda same day flight ticket
- 1 (one) voucher is valid for 1 (person) only
- Lounge Redemption voucher can be used by others, only if the corresponding GarudaMiles Member accompanies the visitor with a separate voucher
- The voucher is valid for 3 (three) months from its date of issue
- Lost vouchers cannot be claimed
- Vouchers cannot be exchanged with cash
- Voucher cannot be redeposited if not used
- Usage of Lounge Redemption vouchers is in accordance with the terms & conditions of the corresponding lounge
- Minimum Mileage purchase per transaction is 1,000 miles
- Mileage purchase is made in increments of 1,000 miles
- Mileage purchase is only valid for active GarudaMiles Members
- Price already includes 10% VAT
- Mileage purchase is subject to GarudaMiles terms and conditions
- Price is subject to change without prior notice to GarudaMiles Members
- Mileage purchased is non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Minimum purchase per transaction is 1,000 Miles. The maximum purchase in one calendar year is 50,000 Miles.
- Purchased mileage does not count as Tier Miles, thus it does not affect the GarudaMiles membership tier
- The price of 1,000 Miles is $30 or Rp. 275,000 (VAT included)
- Usage of the purchased Award Miles is in accordance with GarudaMiles Terms and Conditions.
Buy to Extend Mileage
- Mileage available for extension is mileage expiring within 3 (three) months after the purchase (including the month of purchase), or expired mileage no longer than 6 (six) months before the purchase.
If the purchase is made on February 2014, the extendable mileage ranges from mileage that expired on August 2013 to mileage expiring on April 2014.
- The extension period is 3 (three) years, and is counted from the previous mileage expiration date, not from the date of purchase.
If on February 2014, an extension purchase is made for mileage which expired on January 2014, then the extended mileage will be valid until January 2017.
- The price of 1,000 Miles is $10 or Rp. 100,000 (VAT included)
- The use of extended mileage through the ‘Buy to Extend Mileage’ facility is in accordance with GarudaMiles Terms and Conditions.
Buy to Maintain Tier
- Purchase period for ‘Buy to Maintain Tier’ is open between 1 February - 31 May each year
- Tier miles purchased can only be used to fulfill the tier miles required to reclaim your previously downgraded GarudaMiles tier, and not for tier upgrade
- Maximum GarudaMiles Tier Miles purchase for each tier:
- Silver : 2.000 Tier Miles
- Gold : 3.000 Tier Miles
- Platinum : 6.000 Tier Miles
- The price of 1,000 GarudaMiles Tier Miles is $50 or Rp. 450,000 (VAT included)
- Membership tier earned through the ‘Buy Tier Maintain’ facility is in accordance with GarudaMiles Terms and Conditions Illustration:
- Starting from 1 January 2011, mileage earned from both flight or non-flight activity will have a 36 months validity period counted from the last day of the accrual month. If within the 36 months period the mileage is not redeemed for any rewards such as Award Ticket, Upgrade Award, etc., then that particular amount of mileage will no longer be valid (expired).
Mileage earned on any date of March 2011 will be valid until 31 March 2014, Jakarta time (23:59 GMT +7). On 1 April 2014, that particular amount of mileage will expire.
- All mileage accrued from activities before 1 January 2011 will be considered as accrued on 1 January 2011.
- Information on soon-to-expire mileage will be detailed on the Mileage Statement sent to your email, and is also available on GarudaMiles website’s member area.
- Expired and soon-to-expire mileage can be re-activated or have its validity period extended through the Buy to Extend Mileage program.
Replacement of a GarudaMiles membership card due to damage, loss or negligence of cardholder or a change in card data requested by the GarudaMiles member will be charged as follows:In the case of loss of Award Ticket or Upgrade Award (manual tickets), your Garuda Indonesia Sales Office may issue a new Award Ticket or Upgrade Award upon presentation of police documents and all other necessary requirements. The replacement will be charged in accordance with the prevailing Replacement Fee.
a. Rp 50,000 for card replacement in Indonesia
b. US$ 10 for card replacement outside Indonesia
The tier or level of a regular GarudaMiles membership (Blue, Silver, Gold or Platinum), given on the basis of Tier Miles earned or flight frequency made on eligible flights within the last membership year. Membership Year A GarudaMiles membership year runs from 1 January to 31 December of the same year. An EC Plus membership year covers the 12 (twelve) months period commencing from the date of registration approval or membership renewal.